Friday, February 4, 2011

A Late Night Conversation

On February 3, 2011 I had gotten my hair cut and dyed and being sensitive to chemicals I was suffering from a bad migraine (oh what I am willing to go thru to get rid of the greys) and at night Minuette was chittering and chattering as she fell asleep as she often does when she's not quite wanting to go to bed. The following conversation ensued......

Mama:  Minuette I have a really bad headache and I need silence can you please stop talking?

Minuette: What's silence?

Mama: Well it's a lack of sound

Minuette: What's that?

Mama: (said as I cover her mouth with my hand) well it's where you do not talk and I do not talk
(after a few minutes of no talking I uncover her mouth) and that is silence.

Minuette: oh okay and silence will get rid of your bad headache?

Mama: yes, can you please give me some silence then?

Minuette: okay

after about 5 minuetes of blissful silence ........

Minuette:  This is boring, it's giving me a headache I will need slience to get rid of it (she then rolls over and falls asleep)

I don't often share these conversations but I thought this one was just too cute not to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment